We, the undersigned, call upon our fellow citizens to join us in declaring:
1. We not only want to abolish Article 4 in the Constitution, but also to have a Constitutional Congress to establish a new constitution that truly reflects the will of our people, not the will of the communist party as currently in the constitution in force.
2. We support a pluralistic and multi-party system, and all political parties who fairly compete for the advancement of freedom, peace, and prosperity of the people of Vietnam. No political party has the right to control, and to tyrannize this nation.
3. We not only support a democratic system which upholds the independence of the executive, the legislative and the judiciary, but also wish for a government that decentralizes its power by empowering the autonomy of local levels of government, and eradicates the state-sponsored consortium, and all state-owned corporations, which misuse national budget, breed corruption, destroy the people’s faith, will and the spirit of our national unity.
4. We support for the military becoming non-partisan, free from the party affiliation. The military is to protect the people, the land, and defend national sovereignty, not to serve any political party.
5. We assert the right to declare the above and that all our fellow Vietnamese citizens share the same right.
We affirm that we are exercising our fundamental human rights which constitute the rights of free thoughts and free expression. These are natural rights that are inherent in every human being at birth. The Vietnamese people recognize and respect these universal rights. These rights are not granted to us by the Communist party and hence, the communist party has no right to dispossess us of them nor to judge them. We deem any judgment or accusation aimed at us an act of defamation. We believe anyone who opposes these human rights is also against our national interests and mankind’s civilization.
Let us join hands to turn this Declaration of Free Citizens into an unbreakable tie that bonds together millions of Vietnamese hearts. Let us raise our voice by signing our names at the following email address: email@example.com
The list of Signers:
1. Blogger Nguyễn Hoàng Vi, Sài Gòn
2. Phạm Thanh Nghiên, Hải Phòng
3. Blogger Mẹ Nấm – Nguyễn Ngọc Như Quỳnh, Nha Trang
4. Blogger Gió Lang Thang – Trịnh Anh Tuấn, Đak Lak
5. Blogger Hành Nhân – Vũ Sỹ Hoàng, Sài Gòn
6. Blogger Binh Nhì – Nguyễn Tiến Nam, Yên Bái
7. Ts Hà Sĩ Phu, Đà Lạt
8. Bs Nguyễn Đan Quế, Sài Gòn
9. Linh Mục Giuse Đinh Hữu Thoại – Dòng Chúa Cứu Thế, Sài Gòn
10. Blogger Trịnh Kim Tiến, Sài Gòn
11. Blogger Paulo Thành Nguyễn – Nguyễn Hồ Nhật Thành , Sài Gòn
12. Blogger Nguyễn Chí Tuyến, Hà Nội
13. Nhà thơ Bùi Chát, Sài Gòn
14. Blogger Huỳnh Công Thuận, Sài Gòn
15. Nhà thơ Phan Bá Thọ, Sài Gòn
16. Blogger Huỳnh Ngọc Chênh, Sài Gòn
17. Blogger Phạm Bá Hải – Human Rights Defender, Sài Gòn
18. Doanh nhân Lê Quốc Quyết, Sài Gòn
19. Hoàng Dũng – Phong trào Con Đường Việt Nam, Sài Gòn
20. Blogger Lê Thiện Nhân, Hà Nội